Here’s wishing you a happy week ahead on this grey and drizzly Monday morning (it is gloomy where I am, anyway, and I’m starting to get really sick of it). I hope everyone had a brilliant weekend. I certainly did, but as ever it was far too short and it whizzed by really quickly and I didn’t achieve half of the things I wanted to.
Here are some things that are cushioning the blow of the start of another monotonous week!
1) I have tomorrow off work! And whilst that’s enough to be a standalone Monday Blues Banisher – I have the day off to go and see Justin Timberlake with one of my oldest friends who I haven’t seen in absolutely ages and ages. Icing on the cake? The tickets were a birthday present. A quadruple whammy, if you ask me.
2) My Aunty is about to pop round with my three little cousins. I don’t think there’s a better way to start your day or week than with small children, although I’m almost certain my stance will change on this matter once I bring a few bright lives of my own into this world and waking up to screaming and Cbeebies is the rule, rather than the exception.
3) Yesterday I went to watch the Manchester Marathon because a) it was a free activity which got me out of the house and b) my Dad was running in it. I really enjoyed myself and it inspired me to focus more on my fitness. You never know, perhaps next year I’ll be running in it rather than clapping politely from the side lines – I was just too embarrassed to cheer or whoop at anyone. There was a lady next to me who kept shouting ‘GREAT RUNNING’ at the participants with what I can only assume were the best of intentions, but we were stood at mile 24 and a large proportion of the runners were walking or even hobbling by then so it just came off as sarcastic.
4) Not long to go until Bank Holiday season! I love a long weekend. I’m going to start making plans now so that Anthony and I don’t just waste it by sitting in our pyjamas watching cartoons (Anthony would not actually consider this a waste). I mean, of course there will be a great deal of pyjama-ed cartoon watching but there will also be activities which take place OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE. Plus I’m intending to roast some meat to perfection and bake an Easter themed cake. What are your plans? Tell me so I can steal them.
5) I didn’t listen to The Archers omnibus yesterday which means I get to catch up with it throughout the week. Nothing makes cleaning and folding laundry bearable like a trip to Ambridge.
What’s making you smile this Monday?