Good morning! I have to admit, despite having some fairly awful nightmares last night this morning I’ve woken up with a spring in my step, feeling happier than I have in a long time on a Monday morning. I might not even need any blues banishers to help me get through the rest of the day! But enough of my bragging. It’s good to write things down and come work time I’m sure I’ll need a black and white reminder of exactly why I was so chipper at 10 am.
1) Spring cleaning. Yesterday I did the kitchen and bathroom. I used so much Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover that my lungs felt like they had been ripped to shreds. It was painful yet strangely satisfying. I also disinfected my kitchen bins, cleaned the fridge and organised it by restaurant health and safety standards and got through a massive chunk of the laundry pile. There is still a lot of house left to clean but that doesn’t make me any less proud of what I’ve done so far.
2) Only four days until the bank holiday. I am so excited. Four consecutive days off, and chocolate eggs. What could be better?
3) I can smell a fresh pot of coffee brewing as I type. I’m also considering what wonderful things I can concoct for breakfast using smoked mackerel and cheese.
4) I made a roast chicken yesterday and now I have lots of meat left over. I love making new meals out of leftovers – especially when they are as quick and easy as a chicken salad.
5) The satisfaction of a weekend well spent. If you have read even a handful of my posts you will know that I prefer my weekends pyjama-ed and indoors. Well, this weekend was exactly that. I ventured to the supermarket for supplies and sat in the back garden listening to The Archers whilst I disinfected my kitchen bins but apart from that I was in the house all the time. Whilst I do love being out and about, I always enjoy a laid back weekend of just being home with Anthony. Why wouldn’t I want to spend time in the house I chose, surrounded by the things I chose, with the person I chose?
Hope you all have a wonderful week!